SAVE THE DATE | 2020 Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative Conference
The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) and the University of Notre Dame will hold the 2020 Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative Conference on Thursday, October 1 and Friday, October 2, 2020. Out of an abundance of caution for all who would like to participate, this year’s conference will take place virtually.
This annual event is part of CMS’s Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative (CIII) which seeks to understand, expand and strengthen the work of Catholic institutions with immigrant communities. The conference will:
- Present perspectives on the major challenges facing immigrants, refugees, their families and faith communities, at a time of multiple crises;
- Explore promising and successful programs and ministries with immigrants in parishes, legal services programs, elementary schools, universities, the workplace, charities, community organizing entities, hospitals, and other institutions;
- Examine how changing national and international immigration and refugee policies are affecting Catholic institutions, their members and those they serve;
- Explore how Catholic institutions can strengthen their work in promoting the integration, protection, and empowerment of persons with strong roots in sending and receiving communities;
- Feature an annual address – named after CMS’s co-founder, Fr. Lydio Tomasi, c.s. – on the theological vision underlying the work of Catholic institutions with immigrants and refugees; and,
- Feature local migrant programs and ministries in the University of Notre Dame regional area.
Registration will open soon. To receive updates about registration, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/4gX2XS3enWoP9vAp9.
For more information, see: https://cmsny.org/event/2020-catholic-immigrant-integration-initiative/