Recent publications (2016-2017)
- Volante, L., Klinger, D., Siegel, M., Bilgili, O. (2017). Immigrant youth help to build nations. The Conversation
- Hooijen, I., Meng, C., Reinold, J., Siegel, M. (2017). Competition for talent: retaining graduates in the Euregio Meuse-Rhine. European Planning Studies (forthcoming)
- Cebotari, V., M. Siegel, and V. Mazzucato (2016). Migration and the education of children who stay behind in Moldova and Georgia. International Journal of Educational Development 51: 96-107
- Dumbrava, C. (2016). Reproducing the nation: reproduction,citizenship and ethno-demographic survival in post-communist Romania, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. DOI: 10.1080/1369183X.2016.1221335
- Hoye, J. M. (2016). Neo-republicanism, Old Imperialism, and Migration Ethics. Constellations. DOI: 10.1111/1467-8675.12259
- Reinold, J., Roosen, I., Hoogenboom, A., Westendorp, I., and Koch, K. (2016) International Marriage Brokers and Mail Order Brides. Analysing the need for regulation. European Parliament Think Tank.
- Siegel, M. (2016). Deconstructing the meanings of and motivations for return: an Afghan case study, Comparative Migration Studies, 4(1), 1-17; DOI 10.1186/s40878-016-0042-y