Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE) is the interdisciplinary research platform of Maastricht University that brings together scholars working in the fields of migration, mobility, citizenship, development and family life. MACIMIDE combines various research lines across different Faculties of Maastricht University in order to contribute to a better understanding of the dynamics and consequences of transnational migration and mobility in a European and global context. Read more about MACIMIDE.
- Labussière, M.& Vink, M. (2020) The intergenerational impact of naturalisation reforms: the citizenship status of children of immigrants in the Netherlands 1995-2016. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies.
- Saksela-Bergholm, S., Wahlbeck, Ö. and Toivanen, M. (eds). (2019). Social Inclusion beyond Borders: Utilization of Migrant Capital in Transnational and Diaspora Communities. 7(44).
- Siegel, M. (2019). Throwing development money at the ‘migration problem’ – is it completely misguided? Mignex insights.
- Fajth, V., Veronika, Bilgili, Ö., Loschmann, C. et al. (2019). How do refugees affect social life in host communities? The case of Congolese refugees in Rwanda. Comparative Migration Studies, 7 (33).
- Volante, L., Klinger, D., Siegel, M et al. (2019). Raising the achievement of immigrant students: Towards a multi-layered framework for enhanced student outcomes. Policy Futures in Education, 17(8), 1037–1056.
- van Geel, J. (2019). Conflicting framings: Young Ghanaians’ and Dutch education professionals’ views on the impact of mobility on education. Critical Studies in Education, doi 10.1080/17508487.2019.1650382.
- White, A., Dito, B.B., Veale, A. et al. (2019). Transnational migration, health and well-being: Nigerian parents in Ireland and the Netherlands. Comparative Migration Studies, 7 (44).
- Huddleston, H. & Falcke, S. Nationality Policies in the Books and in Practice: Comparing Immigrant Naturalisation across Europe. International Migration. Early view.
- Andersson, L. and Siegel, M.: Empirical assessments of the development impacts of migration. Mignex, 2 (4).
- Peters, F., Schmeets, H., & Vink, M. (2019). Naturalisation and Immigrant Earnings: Why and to Whom Citizenship Matters. European Journal of Population, 1-35.