Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE) is the interdisciplinary research platform of Maastricht University that brings together scholars working in the fields of migration, mobility, citizenship, development and family life. MACIMIDE combines various research lines across different Faculties of Maastricht University in order to contribute to a better understanding of the dynamics and consequences of transnational migration and mobility in a European and global context. Read more about MACIMIDE.
- Bastia, T., & Haagsman, K. (2020). Chapter 9: Gender, Migration and Development. In T. Bastia & R. Skeldon (Eds.), Routlegde Handbook of Migration and Development, pp. 103-113, DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315276908
- De Groot, G.R. & De Groot, D., (2020). Recognition of civil status (certificates), with special attention to secondary recognition of documents already recognizes in another Member State. In: Andre Janssen & Hans Schulte-Noelke (eds.), Researches in European Private Law and Beyond, Contribution in Honour of Reiner Schulze’s Seventieth Birthday, pp. 283-297, See pdf.
- Falcke, S., Meng, C., & Nollen, R. (2020). Educational mismatches for second generation migrants. An analysis of applied science graduates in the Netherlands. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/1369183X.2020.1738211
- Haagsman, K. & Mazzucato, V. (2020). Chapter 16: The Well-Being of Stay Behind Family Members in Migrant Households. In T. Bastia & R. Skeldon (Eds.), Routlegde Handbook of Migration and Development, 181-190, DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315276908
- Hooijen, I., Meng, C. & Reinold, J., (2020). Be prepared for the unexpected: The gap between (im)mobility intentions and subsequent behaviour of recent higher education graduates. Population Space and Place, 2313, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/psp.2313
- Hoye, M. (2020). Cities and Immigration : Political and Moral Dilemma in the New era of Migration. By Avner de-Shalit. Perspectives on Politics. 18(1), pp. 240-241, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1537592719004298
- Manby, B. (2020). “Nationality and Statelessness Among Persons of Western Saharan Origin. Journal of Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Law, 34(1), pp.9-29.
- Müller-Funk, L. & Fransen, S. (2020). Return aspirations and coerced return: A case study on Syrian refugees in Turkey and Lebanon. IMI Working Papers No. 162, https://shorturl.at/qAEH4.
- Schaab, T. and Wagner, L. (2020), Expanding transnational care networks: comparing caring for families with caring for homes. Global Networks, 20(1), pp. 190-207, DOI: 1111/glob.12257
- Schewel, K. & Fransen, S. (2020). Who aspires to stay? Immobility aspirations among youth in Ethiopia, India, Peru, and Vietnam. IMI Working Papers No. 161, https://shorturl.at/mqrwU.