Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE) is the interdisciplinary research platform of Maastricht University that brings together scholars working in the fields of migration, mobility, citizenship, development and family life. MACIMIDE combines various research lines across different Faculties of Maastricht University in order to contribute to a better understanding of the dynamics and consequences of transnational migration and mobility in a European and global context. Read more about MACIMIDE.
- Reslow, N. (2017). Not everything that counts can be counted”: Assessing ‘success’ of EU external migration policy. International Migration (forthcoming).
- Haagsman, K. (2017). Do Transnational Child-Raising Arrangements Affect Job Outcomes of Migrant Parents? Comparing Angolan Parents in Transnational and NonTransnational Families in the Netherlands. Journal of Family Issues (forthcoming).
- Naudé, W., Siegel, M. and Marchand, K. (2017). Migration, entrepreneurship and development: critical questions. IZA Journal of Migration 2017 6 (5).
- Kuschminder, K. and Koser, K. (2017). The role of migration-specific and migration-relevant policies in migrant decision-making in transit. #2017-022 United Nations University UNU-MERIT Working Papers.
- Cebotari, V., M. Siegel and V. Mazzucato (2017). Child Development and Migrant Transnationalism: The Health of Children Who Stay Behind in Ghana and Nigeria. The Journal of Development Studies, Vol. 53, Iss. 3.
- Mazzucato, V., Dito, B., Grassi, M., and Vivet, J. (2017). Transnational parenting and the well-being of Angloan migrant parents in Europe. Global Networks, Vol. 17, Iss. 1.
- Waidler, J., Vanore, M., Gassman, F., and Siegel, M. (2017). Migration and the Multi-Dimensional Well-Being of Elderly Persons in Georgia. Journal of Population Ageing (forthcoming).
- Wagner, L. B. (2017). Viscous automobilities: diasporic practices and vehicular assemblages of visiting ‘home’. Mobilities, Vol. 0 , Iss. 0,0.
- Cebotari, V., M. Siegel and V. Mazzucato (2016). Migration and the education of children who stay behind in Moldova and Georgia. International Journal of Educational Development, Vol. 51.
- Dumbrava, C. (2016). Reproducing the nation: reproduction, citizenship and ethno-demographic survival in post-communist Romania. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, Vol. 0 , Iss. 0,0.
- Hoye, J. M. (2016). Neo-republicanism, Old Imperialism, and Migration Ethics. Constellations (Advance Online Publication).
- Reinold, J., Roosen, I., Hoogenboom, A., Westendorp, I., and Koch, K. (2016) International Marriage Brokers and Mail Order Brides. Analysing the need for regulation. European Parliament Think Tank.
- Siegel, M. (2016). Deconstructing the meanings of and motivations for return: an Afghan case study, Comparative Migration Studies, Comparative Migration Studies, Vo. 4, Iss. 21.