Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE) is the interdisciplinary research platform of Maastricht University that brings together scholars working in the fields of migration, mobility, citizenship, development and family life. MACIMIDE combines various research lines across different Faculties of Maastricht University in order to contribute to a better understanding of the dynamics and consequences of transnational migration and mobility in a European and global context. Read more about MACIMIDE.
- Volante, L., Klinger. D.A., Siegel, M., Yahia, L. (2019). “Raising the achievement of immigrant students: Towards a multi-layered framework for enhanced student outcomes“. Policy Futures in Education. Sague Journals.
- Loschmann, C., Bilgili, Ö., Siegel. M. (2019). “Considering the beneficts of hosting refugees: evidence of refugee camps influencing local labour market activity and economic welfare in Rwanda”. IZA Journal of Development and Migration 2019 (9:5).
Bilgili, Ö., Loschmann, C., Fransen, S., Siegel, M. (2019). “Is the Education of Local Children Influenced by Living near a Refugee Camp? Evidence from Host Communities in Rwanda“. International Migration (International Organization for Migration).
- Vink, M., Schmeets, H., & Mennes, H. (2019). ‘Double standards? Attitudes towards immigrant and emigrant dual citizenship in the Netherlands’. Ethnic and Racial Studies, 42(16), 83-101.
- Reslow, N (2018). ‘Making and Implementing Multi-Actor EU External Migration Policy: the Mobility Partnerships‘. In Immigration and Asylum Law and Policy in Europe, vol: 44.
- Vankova, Z (2018). The EU’s Approach to Circular Migration in the Context of the Eastern Partnership Neighbourhood. In Immigration and Asylum Law and Policy in Europe, vol: 44.
- Walkden, G., Anderson, E., Vink, M. et al. (2018). ‘Frailty in older-age European migrants: Cross-sectional and longitudinal analyses of the Survey of Health, Aging and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)’. Social Science & Medicine 213, 1-11.
- van der Mei, A., Melin, P., Vankova, Z., & Verschueren, H. (2018). The external dimension of EU social security coordination. European Journal of Social Security, 20(2), 81-85.
- Volante, L., Klinger, D., Siegel, M. (2018). ‘The secrets of immigrant student success’. The Conversation. Retrieved from: https://theconversation.com/the-secrets-of-immigrant-student-success-92164
- Fransen, S., Vargas-Silva, C. & Siegel, M. (2018). ‘The impact of refugee experiences on education: evidence from Burundi’. IZA J Develop Migration (2018) 8: 6
- Gassmann, F., Siegel, M., Vanore, M. et al. (2018). ”Unpacking the Relationship between Parental Migration and Child well-Being: Evidence from Moldova and Georgia’. Child Ind Res (2018) 11: 423
- (2018). ‘Migration and multidimensional well-being in Ethiopia: investigating the role of migrants destinations’. Migration and Development (forthcoming)
- Roosen, I., Siegel, M. (2018). ‘Migration and its influence on the knowledge and usage of birth control methods among Afghan women who stay behind’. Public Health 158: 183
- Volante, L., Klinger, D., Bilgili, O. (Eds.) (2018). Immigrant Student Achievement and Education Policy. Springer
- Dumbrava, C. (2018). ‘The ethno-demographic impact of co-ethnic citizenship in Central and Eastern Europe’. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies (forthcoming)
- Bücken, L., de Groot, R. (2018). ‘Deprivation of nationality under article 8(3) of the 1961 Convention on the reduction of statelessness’. Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law (forthcoming)
- Vittorio, Bruno, Koch, Katharina, Siegel, Melissa, and Strain, Zachary, 2017. Study on Migration Routes in West and Central Africa. Commissioned by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, More information
- UNU-MERIT, Maastricht Graduate School of Governance, 2017, Uganda Migration Profile, Annex to the Study on Migration Routes in the East and Horn of Africa, commissioned by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, More information
UNU-MERIT, Maastricht Graduate School of Governance, 2017, Sudan Migration Profile, Annex to the Study on Migration Routes in the East and Horn of Africa, commissioned by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, More information