Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE) is the interdisciplinary research platform of Maastricht University that brings together scholars working in the fields of migration, mobility, citizenship, development and family life. MACIMIDE combines various research lines across different Faculties of Maastricht University in order to contribute to a better understanding of the dynamics and consequences of transnational migration and mobility in a European and global context. Read more about MACIMIDE.
- Yabasun, D., Reslow, N. and Tans, R. (2019): “Netherlands National Report 2018 – Baseline report on the integration of beneficiaries of international protection in the Netherlands” NIEM National Report.
- Carrera, S. and Vankova, Z. (2019): “Human Rights Aspects of Immigrant and Refugee Integration Policies”. A comparative assessment in selected Council of Europe member states at the request of the Special Representative of the Secretary General on Migration and Refugees of the Council of Europe, Strasbourg, 2019.
- Carrera, S., Vosyliūtė, L., Vankova, Z., Laurentsyeva, N., Fernandes, M., Dennison, J. and Guerin, J. (2019): “The Cost of Non-Europe in the Area of Legal Migration“, at the request of the European Added Value Unit of the Directorate for Impact Assessment and European Added Value within the Directorate General for Parliamentary Research Services, European Parliament, Brussels, 2019.
- Boekestein, T. L., de Groot, G.R. (2019). “Discussing the human rights limits on loss of citizenship: a normative-legal perspective on egalitarian arguments regarding Dutch Nationality laws targeting Dutch-Moroccans”. Citizenship Studies, 3(4), May 2019.
- Kuschminder, K., Waidler, J. (2019): “At Europe’s Frontline: factors determining migrants decision making for onwards migration from Turkey and Greece“. Migration and Development.
Vink, M., Schakel, A. H., Reichel, D., Chun Luk, N, de Groot, G.R. (2019): ‘The international diffusion of expatriate dual citizenship‘. Migration Studies, May 2019.
- Alberola, C., Langley, S. (2018): “Independent Evaluation of the Mobility Partnerships between the European Union and Cape Verde, Georgia and Moldova“. Maastricht Graduate School of Governance, International Centre for Migration Policy Development.
- Alberola, C., Janssen, C. (2019): “Action Knowledge Transfer on Migrant Smuggling and Trafficking by Air and Document Fraud“. Maastricht Graduate School of Governance, International Centre for Migration Policy Development.
- Kuschminder, K. (2019). “Using Mixed Methods to Examine Refugees and Other Migrants’ Decision-Making in Transit“. Sage Research Methods Case.
- Kuschminder, K. (2019). “The Multi-level Governance of Asylum in Italy: Understanding Eritreans’ Secondary Movements in Search of Relocation within Italy“. Journal of Refugee Studies.
- Serra Mingot, E., Mazzucato, V. (2019). “Moving for a ‘better welfare’? The case of transnational Sudanese families”. Global Networks, 19(2): 139-157.
- Volante, L., Klinger. D.A., Siegel, M., Yahia, L. (2019). “Raising the achievement of immigrant students: Towards a multi-layered framework for enhanced student outcomes“. Policy Futures in Education. Sague Journals.
- Kuschminder, K., Waidler, J. (2019). “At Europe’s frontline: factors determining migrants decision making for onwards migration from Greece and Turkey”. Migration and Development.
- Bilgili, Ö., Loschmann, C., Fransen, S., Siegel, M. (2019). “Is the Education of Local Children Influenced by Living near a Refugee Camp? Evidence from Host Communities in Rwanda“. International Migration (International Organization for Migration).
- Vink, M., Schmeets, H., & Mennes, H. (2019). ‘Double standards? Attitudes towards immigrant and emigrant dual citizenship in the Netherlands’. Ethnic and Racial Studies, 42(16), 83-101.