Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE) is the interdisciplinary research platform of Maastricht University that brings together scholars working in the fields of migration, mobility, citizenship, development and family life. MACIMIDE combines various research lines across different Faculties of Maastricht University in order to contribute to a better understanding of the dynamics and consequences of transnational migration and mobility in a European and global context. Read more about MACIMIDE.
- 22/04/2021 – EU Pact on Migration and Asylum: Conversation with European Commission Vice President Schinas
- PhD grant for “Migration and Innovation” in Bordeaux
- Melissa Siegel Publishes a New Country Case Study Series on Her YouTube Channel
- Strijbosch K. (2021). 10 manieren om migranten te ontmoeten in Dakar. NEMO Kennislink. Access here.
- Haagsman K. & Mazzucato V. (2021). Gendered Transnational Parenting. In: Mora C. & Piper N. (eds), The Palgrave Handbook of Gender and Migration. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-63347-9_8
- Berckmoes, L. & Turner, S. (2021) Pursuing futures through children: Crisis, social reproduction, and transformation in Burundi’s transnational families. Migration Studies. https://doi.org/10.1093/migration/mnab004
- Caarls, K., Cebotari, V., Karamperidou, D., Alban Conto, M.C., Zapata, J. and Zhou, R.Y. (2021). Lifting Barriers to Education During and After COVID-19: Improving education outcomes for migrant and refugee children in Latin America and the Caribbean. UNICEF Office of Research – Innocenti, Florence. Access here.
- Ruzibiza, Y., Berckmoes, L., Neema, S. & Reis, R. (2021). Lost in freedom: ambivalence on sexual freedom among Burundian adolescents living in the Nakivale refugee settlement, Uganda. Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters, 29(1). DOI: 10.1080/26410397.2021.1889750
- Warnaar, H. & Bilgili, Ö. (2021). Financial aid, remittances and their effect on relative deprivation in Rwanda. International Migration. https://doi.org/10.1111/imig.12834
- Dubow, T. & Kuschminder, K. (2021). Family strategies in refugee journeys to Europe. Journal of Refugee Studies. https://doi.org/10.1093/jrs/feab018
- Ogden, L.J. & Mazzucato, V. (2021). Transnational peer relationships as social capital: Mobile migrant youth between Ghana and Germany. Journal of Youth Studies. https://doi.org/10.1080/13676261.2020.1869197
- Manby, B. (2021). “The Sustainable Development Goals and ‘legal identity for all’: ‘First, do no harm’”. World Development, 139. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2020.105343
- Waddington, L. & Broderick, A. (2020). Political Participation of Persons with Disabilities in the EU. In D. Ferri & A. Broderick (Eds.), Research Handbook on EU Disability Law (pp. 89-104). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Manby, B. (2020). “‘Legal Identity for All’ and Statelessness: Opportunity and Threat at the Junction of Public and Private International Law”. Statelessness and Citizenship Review, 2(2), 248-271. More information.