Research Assistant (European University Institute, Florence)
The European University Institute has a vacancy for a research assistant in the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), Migration Policy Centre (MPC).
The Research Assistant will contribute to research at the MPC in the context of the Horizon 2020 project ITFLOWS (coordinated by the Autonomous University of Barcelona). The MPC will be responsible for work within the ITFLOWS project that aims to better understand and map the reasons why possible tensions and conflicts among migrants and European citizens may occur, in order to reduce them. The Research Assistant will contribute to:
- Meta-analytical review of micro- and macro- level factors affecting attitudes to immigration
- Using existing survey data to analyse the causes of variation in attitudes towards migrants in Europe
- PhD (or equivalent professional experience) in Political Science or a related social science discipline either completed or close to completion.
- Strong quantitative research skills, including experience of multi-level modelling.
- Experience with analysing surveys of public attitudes
- Knowledge of research literature on determinants of public attitudes to migrants
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of STATA
- Fluent English in writing and speaking
- Experience of communicating and disseminating research findingds
- knowledge of R programme
- Knowledge of at least one other European language
Application deadline: 28 February 2020
For more information, see: https://www.eui.eu/Documents/ServicesAdmin/AcademicService/JobOpportunities/2020/RSC3-2020.pdf