PostDoc position (80%) – National Center of Competence in Research nccr
Established in 2014, the National Center of Competence in Research nccr – on the move (nccr-onthemove.ch) aims to enhance the understanding of contemporary migration patterns. Transcending disciplines, the NCCR brings together research projects from the social sciences, economics and law. Managed by the University of Neuchâtel, the network comprises seven universities in Switzerland.
To complete her research team, Prof. Sarah Progin-Theuerkauf at the University of Fribourg (Law Faculty), who is also Co-Director of the Swiss Center for Migration Law based in Neuchâtel, is seeking a candidate for a
PostDoc position (80%)
The successful applicant is expected to bring forward a project on EU migration law.
Requirements for the position
- PhD in EU or international law or national migration law, which you have completed no longer than four years ago;
- sound knowledge of and interest for EU instruments on legal migration;
- interest to work in a multilingual team;
- active and dynamic character, able to develop new ideas;
- German or French mother tongue; as English will be the project language, good written and oral command of English is required.
The main place of employment is the University of Fribourg; candidates will however be required to participate in NCCR activities at the University of Neuchâtel.
Please send a cover letter, CV, copies of grades, and a writing sample (e.g. a research paper) by 13 November 2015 to Prof. Sarah Progin-Theuerkauf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Starting date: 1 January 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter. Funding of the position is guaranteed until May 2018. For additional information about the position, please contact: Prof. Sarah Progin-Theuerkauf, 026 300 81 28