Assistant professor public administration in particular public policy and Politics (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
The public policy research group at Erasmus University focuses on how governments design, implement, evaluate and change public policies in a wide variety of policy domains, including migration policy, social policy and civic participation. By synthesizing insights from these different policy domains, we try to understand how rational, institutional, political and normative contexts and conditions affect the policy making process on different layers of government and in different stages of the policy-making process. With our research, we try to contribute to legitimate and effective solutions for the complex problems of current societies. We do so by collaborating closely with NGO’s public sector organizations, local communities and professionals in the public domain.
- Develop and teach courses, at the bachelor and masters level, specifically on recent developments in public policy and politics;
- Conduct independent research on public policy and politics topics, using advanced and systematic research methods;
- Acquire research funding third-party sources, such as the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) or the European Union;
- Conduct thesis supervision;
- Develop an (inter)national network that spans both academics and policymakers/practitioners;
- Actively participate in discussions at institute and research group level on research and teaching innovation.
- PhD degree in Public Administration or related discipline;
- Outstanding research qualities, such as a good publication record and societal impact;
- Demonstrable experience in teaching (Basic Teaching Qualification);
- Excellent command of English;
- International and national network of academics and/or practitioners.
- Good communicative skills, proactive and independent work attitude.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Internationally-oriented and varied work within an enthusiastic team, with attractive fringe benefits in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). Your initial employment term will be one year. If your performance proves satisfactory an extension of your contract is possible. A permanent contract or a Tenure track belongs to the possibilities if we have vacant positions. The trial period is two months Your remuneration will depend on the position, your specific knowledge and experience It will be calculated on the basis of full-time salary ranging between €3.637 and €5.656 gross per month (salary scale 11-12, CAO NU). Erasmus University Rotterdam offers attractive terms of employment, including a holiday allowance of 8%, a year-end payment of 8.3% and 41 annual leave days in case of a full work week. In addition, EUR takes part in the ABP pension scheme, and we also offer partially paid parental leave. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Moreover, EUR staff members are allowed to make use of the EUR facilities, including the Erasmus sports centre and the University Library.
Application deadline: 31 October 2019