Regional Labour Mobility and Human Development Assistant (International Organisation for Migration, Vienna)
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrant
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Labour Mobility and Human Development Specialist (SRTS) and the overall guidance of the Regional Director for South-Eastern Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Regional Labour Mobility and Human Development Assistant will support the SRTS to provide thematic expertise and resources to the missions under RO Vienna coverage; monitor and analyse regional thematic trends; support regional thematic project development; and review and support the project documents endorsement process related to the thematic area of expertise in the region.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with six years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in the field of migration issues, including operational and field experience, IOM project development, and management
- Demonstrated expertise in the thematic area relevant to project development
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of regional issues in the thematic area a distinct advantage.
Application deadline: 20 January 2020
For more information, see: https://rovienna.iom.int/vacancies/regional-labour-mobility-and-human-development-assistant