MIGRANT INTEGRATION AND TRANSNATIONAL MOBILITY: DRIVERS AND OBSTACLES – ITHACA PROJECT FINAL CONFERENCE, EUI
Migrant Integration and Transnational Mobility: Drivers and Obstacles, final event of the project ITHACA (Integration, Transnational Mobility and Human, Social and Economic Capital Transfers)
21-22 October 2015, Villa La Fonte, Via delle Fontanelle 18, 50014 Fiesole (Florence) – Italy
The project studies transnational mobility patterns among third country nationals that are settled in an EU country, with a focus on how their level of social and economic integration affects their propensity to be physically mobile between their country of origin and their country of settlement. The project equally looks at how physical transnational mobility may be related with virtual mobility and overall transnational engagement with the country of origin.
The conference will take place on 21-22 October at the European University Institute in Florence. Click here to download the Conference programme.
The official language of the Conference is English. Simultaneous interpretation from English to Italian will be provided.
Registration for the event is mandatory. Click here to register for the Conference.
More about ITHACA:
- Scientific Coordinators: Professor Anna Triandafyllidou and Dr. Ruby Gropas, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), European University Institute (EUI), Florence.
- Partners: the European University Institute in Florence, the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) in Vienna, the London Metropolitan University in Londonand the Elcano Royal Institute in Madrid.
- Press release: http://globalgovernanceprogramme.eui.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ITHACA.Project_Press.Release_EN.pdf
- Project Website: http://ithaca.eui.eu/
- “Ten Hours From Home”, short Film produced by the ITHACA Project:https://vimeo.com/129145209