INTERNATIONAL MIGRATION REVIEW SEEKS A NEW BOOK REVIEW EDITOR
International Migration Review is seeking a new Book Review Editor. IMR publishes 30 to 40 book reviews a year in three different formats: single book reviews, author conversations and review essays.
IMR is one of the top journals publishing research on international migration. In 2022, the journal’s impact factor was 3.8, and it was ranked 4 out of 29 journals in demography. The acceptance rate of the journal is <10%.
The IMR Book Review Editor is responsible for working with publishers and authors to identify new and impactful books on international migration, for commissioning reviews of the most relevant books submitted for consideration, and for editing submitted book reviews. The Book Review Editor is also responsible for IMR’s annual Book Review Award.
This position is a 3-year appointment, with possibility for renewal, starting in February 2024. The IMR Book Review Editor reports to and works with IMR’s Editor-in-chief.
We seek the following skills and interests in applicants for this position:
- Familiarity with research across the disciplines and fields contributing to the study of international migration.
- Experience working with other scholars’ writing and ideas, including editing.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative and innovative ideas for reviewing new monographs in migration studies.
Interested candidates can submit applications to Katharina Natter (email@example.com) by end of day November 26, 2023.
Applications must include the following five elements, submitted as one document:
- Applicant’s contact information (name, email, affiliation, and phone number).
- 250-word description of applicant’s relevant skills and experiences.
- 250-word discussion of applicant’s motivation and how they would approach their work as IMR Book Review Editor.
- Names and contact information for two references familiar with the applicant’s work.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Katharina Natter (firstname.lastname@example.org).