20/05/2022 – Online Workshop on ‘Challenges and Priorities of migration research in the Global North and South’
This workshop is a collaboration between Maastricht University (the Netherlands), Wolaita Sodo University (Ethiopia) and Dutch Association for Migration Research (DAMR).
The objective of this 1-day Online workshop is to create a learning and networking platform for early career researchers in the Global North and Global South to discuss how they approach migration research.
Part I: The morning session will include a panel discussion on this topic with migration experts from the global North and the global South. This will be followed by a rotating networking event using breakout rooms by three thematic areas around Migration data access, Research innovation/collaboration, and Societal impact.
- Dr. Meron Zeleke, Associate Professor of Anthropology, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Dr. Rachel Bennet, Senior Lecturer, Population Health and Wellbeing, University of Gloucestershire, UK
- Dr. Alemayehu Debebe, Vice president, Research and Community Services, Ethiopia Civil Service University, Ethiopia
- Dr. Karlijn Haagsman, Assistant Professor, Globalization and Development, Maastricht University, the Netherlands
Part II: The Afternoon session will be a workshop on ‘How to turn your research into policy recommendations?’ In this session, participants work with a policy expert and use the findings from their last paper/publications to tease out some key policy recommendations.
- Policy expert: Dr. Linda Ouchu, Director of Research and Data Hub at the African Migration and Development Policy Centre (AMADPOC), Kenya.
In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Niklas Mayer: firstname.lastname@example.org