Vacancy: Senior Knowledge Management Coordinator
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) conducts and supports data analysis designed to guide and inform migration policy and practice. The Global Migration Data Analysis Centre (GMDAC), based in Berlin, Germany, responds to IOM’s call for upgrading its capacity to collect and analyse migration data, and to develop closer partnerships with data providers and academic institutions. GMDAC acts as a “data hub” for decision-makers and practitioners seeking the best available migration data.
While based in Berlin, GMDAC directly reports to the ICP Department based in Geneva.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Global Migration Data Analysis Centre (GMDAC) in Berlin, Germany, and in coordination with the Director of the Department of International Cooperation and Partnerships (ICP) in Geneva, the successful incumbent will be responsible for managing IOMs Global Migration Data Portal and lead and manage IOM’s contribution to the UN Network on Migration’s Migration Network Hub.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the Knowledge Management Unit and its staff for effective coordination. Oversee programme implementation, content development, budget planning and financial management as well as procurement.
2. Lead core Workstream 1 of the UN Network on Migration on the Migration Network Hub, including on data and coordinating the inter-agency and stakeholder working group, supervise knowledge management, maintenance, further web development, updates and peer-to-peer learning via the Hub and coordination with other IOM offices and (United Nations) UN agencies.
3. Manage the Global Migration Data Portal, including liaison and coordination with various implementing partners and associates, donor reporting and financial control, supervising staff, further web development, maintenance, updates, translation and outreach, including with Regional and Country Offices and Headquarter Divisions.
4. Ensure good cooperation and liaison with Country office (CO) and Regional Office (RO) staff, partners and associates, to ensure that all objectives are met and services are delivered. Ensure highest quality standards of deliverables and providing advice to COs and ROs.
5. Coordinate and promote information-sharing and knowledge management among all Project Teams at GMDAC.
6. Monitor and report on the implementation of GMDAC projects to donors in coordination with IOM Germany or other respective field missions with liaison functions.
7. Draft key GMDAC flagship data publications based on the Global Migration Data Portal.
8. Develop partnerships with potential public, private and non-governmental donors, in consultation and collaboration with the Director of GMDAC and the Chief of Mission of Germany.
9. Undertake duty travel representing the Director of GMDAC. Serve as Officer-in-Charge (OiC) of GMDAC in case of absence of the Director upon delegation.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
For more information click here.