Vacancy: Research Associate – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning (M/F)
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education within the Research Unit IPSE for a :
Research Associate – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning (M/F)
- Ref : R-AGR-0556-10-C
- Fixed-term contract from 15.07.2017 until 30.11.2017 40 hours/week (replacement maternity leave)
- Employee status
- Preferred starting date: 15.07.2017
The overall objective of the contract is to support the H2020 project MOVE, which deals with youth mobility in Europe (www.move-project.eu).
The project is coordinated by the University of Luxembourg and brings together 9 institutions throughout Europe.
For further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Birte Nienaber
Tel: +352 466644-9318
The research associate will work within the H2020 research project “MOVE” in the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning.
Under the supervision of Professor Birte Nienaber, he/she will:
- Extract data from secondary data analysis, the case studies and the quantitative survey and bring the results together in a comprehensive way
- Finalize the final reports on findings of the MOVE project in the English language;
- Prepare and conduct a workshop with national stakeholders;
- Support organisation of the final conference of the MOVE project in Luxembourg;
- Support the coordination of the H2020 project on a daily basis;
- Participate at consortium meetings (in Hungary as well as via Skype/telco);
- Support the dissemination of the project pro-actively;
- Publish academic papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Master or PhD in Geography, Migration Studies, Sociology, Youth Studies or any other related field;
- Knowledge in data analysis and reporting;
- Experiences in working with both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Experiences in the field of mobility studies / migration studies;
- Ability to establish contacts at national and international level;
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team;
- Excellent management in the use of common computer software (SPSS, Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Good communication and drafting skills in the English language.
As the candidate will have to work in a multilingual context, he/she must be fluent in English (written and spoken) and French/or German. Knowledge of Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage.
- The research associate will work in the international environment of the University of Luxembourg and will be member of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning.
- He/She will have the opportunity to work closely with mobility and youth experts in Europe.
- He/She will work with an international team on an ambitious European project.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation;
- Curriculum vitae in English;
- Copies of diplomas.
Please apply ONLINE until 15.06.2017.
The University is an equal opportunity employer.