Vacancy: Post-doctoral researcher in the field of integration of newcomers in education
As a postdoc researcher you will work on the research project: Educational disadvantages of newcomers: explanatory mechanisms and promising interventions. You will conduct (quantitative) research into the mechanisms underlying the educational disadvantages of newcomers, and carry out experimental research into promising interventions that can be used by policymakers to reduce these educational disadvantages. This project is funded by the Dutch Inspectorate of Education.
We offer you a challenging, flexible job in an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven team. Your days will be very varied, as you will be doing applied experimental research in schools, as well as conducting quantitative data analyses and writing scientific articles with colleagues. You will be part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team. With your research you contribute to more effective education with more equal opportunities for students.
Your role as a postdoc involves:
- Setting up and carrying out research in several subprojects.
- Working together in a team of researchers with different disciplinary backgrounds. (economics and sociology) and with the researchers of the Dutch Inspectorate of Education..
- Conducting quantitative research.
- Developing and organizing experimental research in schools on information provision for the non-Dutch parents in schools together with the rest of the research team.
- Writing international scientific publications.
Giving presentations at (inter)national scientific conferences, and other forms of knowledge sharing of the research results.
For more information, click here.