Vacancy: IOM Data Analysis and Reporting Officer
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
(ROAP) in Bangkok, Thailand is one of the 9 IOM Regional Offices (RO) that oversees and
provides strategic and technical support to IOM activities within the region.
Under overall supervision of the Senior Regional Emergency and Post-Crisis Specialist, and the
direct supervision of the Senior Regional Project Manager (Regional Evidence for Migration
Analysis and Policy (REMAP)) based in Bangkok, Thailand, the successful candidate will be
responsible for realizing data consolidation, analysis and reporting under the Displacement
Tracking Matrix (DTM) REMAP project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical inputs to be used for the development and implementation of the
methodological, operational and training aspects of the DTM REMAP project.
- Draft and produce standard publishing materials and presentations, and various data
visualization formats including maps, statistics, online materials and information sheets.
- Provide technical support related to data presentation needs on various written outputs (e.g.
papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.).
- Draft, proof-read, assist with editing and format DTM output products including but not limited.
- Produce donor reports including project summary reports, quarterly flash updates and annual narrative reports.
- Prepare preliminary multi-country analyses of DTM data under the DTM REMAP project.
- Evaluate data and information gaps across all countries and propose adjustments to improve ongoing data collection exercises to strengthen overall consolidation and compatibility of data across countries under the DTM REMAP project.
- Research, analyze and evaluate new applications related to information systems, new
technologies and processes to manage information in response to disasters and/or complex
emergencies and make recommendations for their utilization.
- Travel to field missions when necessary to support DTM REMAP project implementation.
- Provide administrative and logistical support as needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
For more information about the role and to apply, click here.