Vacancy: Internship IOM Bangkok
IOM works in the five broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, addressing forced migration, and the implications of climate change on migration. Cross‐cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration. The key responsibility of the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) is to formulate regional strategies and plans of action and to provide programmatic and administrative support to the countries within its region. Several Regional Thematic Units are based at the ROAP to fulfill this responsibility.
The Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Unit in the ROAP focuses on ensuring IOM Missions in Asia and the Pacific are prepared to respond to Migration Crisis needs, aid decision-making related to humanitarian affairs, and strengthens partnerships with other organizations within and outside of the humanitarian architecture.
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Regional Evidence for Migration Analysis and Policy (REMAP) project was developed in response to the critical need to collect and analyze information on (protracted) displacement and human mobility in, to and from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq and Pakistan and to contribute to evidence-based humanitarian and development programming in these countries and in the region.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in researching and drafting dashboards, flash information sheets, papers and reports describing and analyzing human mobility of Afghan, Bangladeshi, Iranian, Iraqi and Pakistani nationals inside their countries and across international borders.
- Assist in compiling, analyzing, visualizing human mobility data within Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq and Pakistan for DTM REMAP reporting purposes.
- Assist with the development of monthly and quarterly DTM REMAP products including newsletters, monthly and quarterly project update report compilations and any other reports or info sheets
- Assist in monitor day-to-day policy developments and debates within the partner institutions and organizations and provide information to the DTM REMAP Support Unit accordingly.
- Aid in the development of relevant information databases and tools including but not limited to the DTM REMAP project, sector related activities, mapping, and software tools.
- Assist with the management of social media and online web-outlets related to the DTM REMAP project.Assist in organizing meetings, seminars and high-level missions as needed.Provide administrative support as required.
- Support day-to-day activities of the DTM REMAP project and IOM Regional office, undertake any other activities and support any other project activities as requested by the supervisor.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int . Please include the reference code ROBKK-CFA 2021-053 followed by your full name in the subject line and mention your preferred duration as mention above.