Vacancy: International Survey Researcher Position at RTI
RTI is searching for an experienced International Survey Researcher (Master’s or PhD level) to support and grow RTI’s portfolio of international survey research projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate through prior experience expertise in international survey and data collection and have demonstrated the ability to build and manage a portfolio of clients and projects in that domain.
The successful candidate will lead large-scale surveys in low- and middle-income countries, working collaboratively with clients, subcontractors, and RTI researchers. Travel to low-and middle-income countries is required (15-20% of time) and foreign language proficiency is preferred.
- Lead large-scale surveys in low- and middle-income countries
- Cultivate relationships with clients to develop RTI’s portfolio of survey research projects in low- and middle-income countries
- Manage personnel and budgets, communicate with clients, and conduct and lead technical tasks
- Develop and test questionnaires
- Develop and implement training in-country
- Manage, clean, and analyze data
- Write technical reports and scientific publications
- Vet and manage data collection subcontractors, including quality control during data collection
Travel 15-20% of time to low- and middle-income countries
- Master’s degree (or PhD) and minimum of 5 years of related experience required
- Experience traveling and working in low- and middle-income countries
- Ability to travel independently for 15%-20% of time
- Experience with leading surveys in low- and middle-income countries
- Foreign language proficiency preferred (particularly French)
- Experience with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS or STATA is strongly preferred
- Experience developing relationships with clients as demonstrated by a successful record of obtaining competitive funding
- Experience managing projects within timelines, budget and scope
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
This position can be located in any RTI office location, with a preference for Washington DC, Research Triangle Park NC, or Chicago, IL. Candidates are required to submit a cover letter detailing their fit for this position. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Link to job posting: