Vacancy: DeZIM Institut Research Fellow
DeZIM is a non-university research institute devoted to migration and integration that was established in 2017. As a federal research institution, it performs research and policy development in the fields of family, gender equality, children and youth, senior citizens and engagement policy.
- Doctorate or long-term research experience in sociology, political science, anthropology, social science or related subjects
- Above-average knowledge in the application of qualitative methods, especially visual ethnography and the corresponding software solutions, or readiness to learn them
- Experience in participatory research in the context of international/transnational migration
- Very good knowledge of approaches and research on transnationalism
- Knowledge of German and European policies on labour migration/fair mobility
- Critical and analytical thinking, excellent analytical skills and open-mindedness
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, to develop and implement interdisciplinary and multi-methodological research designs
- Experience in coordinating research projects
- Independent research on the project “VISION: Envisioning Convivial Europe” in Brandenburg (more information on the project can be found here: https://www.dezim-institut.de/das-dezim-institut/ab-teilung-integration/projekt-vision-envisioning-convivial-europe/)
- Coordination of the research between the international and national cooperation partners
- Collaboration with the project’s advisory board members
- Publications in the form of articles in peer-reviewed journals, reports and other specialised publications
- Communication of complex scientific research to audiences outside of academia, in particular in the field of German and the EU politics
- Dissemination of project’s results to academic and non-specialised audiences
Further requirements for a successful application
You have, appropriate to your degree, relevant research experience (ideally international), a network in the scientific community, and have experience in preparing scientific results for professional audiences, the media and the general public. You know the target groups of DeZIM and the project VISION (politics, media, civil society). A high degree of organizational ability, resilience, stress tolerance as well as a quick grasp are required. Good to very good German and English skills are essential, other languages – Romanian or Polish – are desirable.
The position is initially limited to 30 July 2025 on the basis of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG). The remuneration is based on the salary group E13 TVöD (Bund). Place of work is Berlin. DeZIM e.V. guarantees the professional equality of persons according to the Federal Equal Opportunities Act (BGleiG) and strives for an open and non-discriminatory work culture. We welcome applications from people of all nationalities, people of color, black people and applicants with a history of flight or family migration. Applications from women are expressly welcome. People with severe disabilities are given preference if they are equally qualified. Please send your application with meaningful documents, including a writing sample, in electronic form as a single PDF file to the following address: email@example.com by 01.02.2022, quoting reference number PR/01/22.
If you have any questions, please contact Magdalena Nowicka (firstname.lastname@example.org).