The Odysseus Academic Network recognises outstanding academic research in the area of Immigration or Asylum Law with two annual prizes. The Early Career Prize is awarded to one author for excellent work published within three years of the defense of a PhD. The Best Publication Prize recognises an outstanding contribution to the field by a more experienced researcher or professor. Applications from all European countries are considered. In each prize category, €1000 is awarded to the winner. The winners for the 2016 prizes were Cathryn Costello from Oxford, Marie-Benedicte Dembour from Brighton, and Violeta Moreno-Law from Queen Mary University London.
- The deadline to apply is 30 June 2017;
- Publications in all EU languages are eligible;
- The publication must focus on European issues in Immigration or Asylum Law;
- The submitted work for the 2017 prize must have been published between 01/01/2016 and 31/12/2016;
- The early career researcher’s submission must have been published within three years of the defense of the PhD.
Please see our website for more information and further conditions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org