Tenure-Track Professorship, Demography and Human Capital Formation (University of Vienna)
At the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Vienna the position of a Tenure-Track Professorship for the field of Demography and Human Capital Formation (full-time position) is to be filled.
This tenure track professor focuses on the analysis of human capital formation covering the methods of formal demography and demographic modelling. While a special focus on the demographic analysis of educational attainment is preferred, human capital formation also includes fertility and immigration. Topics should be covered in broad international perspective.
- Doctoral degree/PhD and at least two years post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution; as a general rule, applicants must have gained research experience outside the University of Vienna for a total of at least two years during or after their doctoral studies
- Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
- Experience in designing and participating in research projects, ability to lead research groups, willingness to acquire third-party funding
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities or a teaching concept. Candidates are expected to be willing to teach students at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promote junior colleagues
- The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees.
Application deadline: 18 March 2020
For more information, see: https://population-europe.eu/study-and-career/tenure-track-professorship-demography-and-human-capital-formation