Senior Research Coordinator (Brussels Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Migration and Minorities, VUB)
The Brussels Interdisciplinary Research centre for Migration and Minorities is a recognised Centre of Expertise at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) is looking for a senior research coordinator (PhD or equivalent research experience) with strong social and coordination skills. The candidate should display the enthusiasm and ambition to help developing BIRMM into a leading centre for migration and minorities research.
- Act as the day-to-day coordinator of BIRMM, in close collaboration with the Centre’s directors and administrative staff;
- Actively interact with the board members of the Centre as well as researchers from the various VUB member groups (organize board meetings and internal communication, co-organize research symposia, PhD master classes, summer school, lecture series, conference …);
- Support the involvement of BIRMM in IMISCOE, the largest network of migration researchers and centres in Europe;
- Support and develop a communication policy with the support of the administration (update of website, draft newsletters, inform via social media, …);
- Set up a structural cooperation with migrants and minorities organisations, in particular in Brussels and Flanders (Belgium);
- Initiate and help writing applications for external funding;
- Take responsibility for the financial and administrative management of new and ongoing research projects and events organized by the Centre.
- In possession of a PhD degree (or with equivalent experience), ideally on a topic relating to migration or minorities;
- Knowledge and expertise on migration and minorities and the state of the field of studies, proven by relevant publication output and/or other research activities.
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills, and the ambition to lead in collegial collaboration with others.
- Track record in assisting and/or initiating funding applications, experience with project coordination or involvement in consortium-based research projects.
- Track record in organising events and communicating to stakeholders.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Good command of Dutch and French
Application deadline: 1 March 2020
For more information, see: https://birmm.research.vub.be/en/we-are-hiring-vacancy-announcement-birmm-coordinator-deadline-1-march-2020