Research Data Specialist (Princeton University)
Princeton University currently has an opening for a Research Data Specialist with a strong skills in data management and analysis. Fluency in Arabic is required. For more information, please see below.
The Arab Barometer is seeking a Research Data Specialist to assist with data collection, management, and analysis. The Arab Barometer is a nonpartisan research network that provides insight into the social, political, and economic attitudes and values of ordinary citizens across the Arab World. It’s objective is to disseminate and apply survey findings in order to contribute to political reform and to strengthen institutional capacity for public opinion research.
The Research Data Specialist works in close collaboration with the Arab Barometer team including the project director, research associates, communication associate, graduate and undergraduate students, and research colleagues in the U.S. and the Middle East and North Africa.
**This position is located in Washington, DC. It is a two-year term position with possibility of renewal.
The Research Data Specialist assists with the maintenance and development of scripts, including SurveyToGo and Stata, related to collecting and processing Arab Barometer data. During the data collection phase, this includes programming the questionnaire, validating the programming, quality control checks on data, data cleaning, and management of Arab Barometer survey data. The position also assists in data analysis for research projects including modeling, diagnostics, and graphic visualization for reports, articles and other publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or statistics with
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Background in quantitative analysis
- Strong knowledge of Stata
- Strong knowledge of Latex
- Experience with GIS preferred
- Background in R, Matlab, Python, C++, C #, Java and/or SQL-scripts is an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate research results clearly and concisely
- Ability to meet tight deadlines across multiple survey projects while ensuring
- Experience with conducting survey research preferred
- Proven experience in undertaking research involving survey data analysis, including using Stata other software
- Familiarity and experience with regression and MLE techniques, including advanced techniques such as multilevel
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken)
- French language skills desirable
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW