The EPC is looking for a Programme Assistant (equivalent to a paid internship) to join its European Migration and Diversity Programme, for a period of 6 months, starting in September/October.
This is an entry-level position targeted at recent graduates or graduates having acquired first work experience through internships.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated knowledge of and interest in EU migration and asylum policies, e.g., through prior internships or course choices, a solid academic background, a good understanding of EU institutions and decision-making processes, and an interest in organising events and carrying out desk research on various topics related to EU immigration policies.
The candidate should have the following profile:
- Post-graduate degree in political science or law
- Previous relevant work experience in policy analysis, organising events and research (internship would suffice) would be a plus
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong interest in European affairs
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Self-disciplined, able to work both independently and in a multinational team
- Dynamic, flexible, reliable and attentive to details
- Fluency in English (oral and written, native speaker level)
- Supporting EPC analysts in organising events (including drafting event proposals, invitations and programmes, contacting speakers, assisting during the events)
- Background research, analysis of data and support in writing publications
- Support in writing project and funding proposals.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a short motivation letter together with a CV to Maral Bedrossian (Ms), firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention EMDPA in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 10 September 2019.