Post-doctoral research fellowship in the EU project Global Asylum Governance and European Union’s Role (Universitet i Oslo)
The Norwegian Centre for Human Rights (NCHR) at the Faculty of Law, University of Oslo, invites applications for a 28-month, full-time post-doctoral research fellowship. The position provides the opportunity to work as part of a leading international research collaboration on global refugee protection and in an interdisciplinary environment, in addition to excellent opportunities for professional development.
- Conduct an independently developed research project that accords with the theme of the UiO-work package Refugee Recognition, Self-Reliance and Rights.
- Conduct independent qualitative field research in Bangladesh.
- Collaborate with work package participants (Janmyr, Costello and Turner) in conducting research for, and drafting, the main work package outputs: working paper on the legal standards to assess the right to work and refugee self-reliance practices; working paper on links between refugee recognition and resettlement processes; country reports related to status, vulnerability and rights; comparative report of refugee recognition regimes in Jordan and Bangladesh.
- Disseminate research findings as per the project plan, including at the annual ASILE consortium meetings and regular policy seminars.
- PhD or equivalent academic qualifications in law or other relevant social science background, such as sociology of law, socio-legal studies and legal anthropology. Experience from Bangladesh and/or refugee studies is strongly desirable.
- The doctoral dissertation must have been submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- The 3-5 page description of the candidate’s independently developed research project must be closely connected to the overall framework of the work package Refugee Recognition, Self-Reliance and Rights, and this must be clearly elaborated in the project description.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Bengali is desirable.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
Application deadline: 26 March 2020
For more information, see: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/183141/post-doctoral-research-fellowship-in-the-eu-project-global-asylum-governance-and-european-unions-role-asile