Post-doc at HVL in project on The Impact of Social Frontiers on the Social Mobility and Integration of Migrants (Western Norway University of Applied Sciences)
Post-doc opportunity on a NordForsk funded project – at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences: Life at the Frontier: The Impact of Social Frontiers on the Social Mobility and Integration of Migrants
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences in Haugesund, has an open position as a post-doctoral researcher for two years, starting from 1.4.2021. The post-doctoral position will be part of the economic research group at the Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences, working on the Nordforsk financed project, “Life at the Frontier. The Impact of Social Frontiers on the Social Mobility & Integration of Immigrants”.
The project will study social mobility and integration of immigrants in areas defined as social frontiers, which could be described as a special type of residential segregation. We mainly want to understand what the impact on social mobility and integration is of living in these specific types of neighborhoods, which is to be identified empirically.
It is a cross-country research project, headed by the University of Sheffield. The University of Umeä is also a partner, in addition to HVL. The HVL team consists of four economists who are experts in the fields of regional economics, housing economics, labor market analyses, applied econometric, spatial analyses, R-programming, and in using large scale register data. The Post-doctor position will help the research team fulfill the requirements of the project.
Workplace is campus Haugesund.
About the project/ work tasks:
- The Post-doctor position will help the research team fulfill the requirements of the mentioned Nordforsk project.
- Plan and perform quantitative research mainly using Norwegian register data and large longitudinal datasets.
- Conduct research, applying relevant software and methods for quantitative studies, as explained below, interpret results and form conclusions.
- Write scientific manuscripts for conferences and peer-reviewed journals, relevant for the research project.
- Contribute actively to the academic and social environment at the department.
For more information see:
Deadline for application: 1 May 2020.