PhD Summer School in Advanced Migration Studies
Migration is part of complex processes of internationalization, globalization, and social transformation with implications on both people’s lives and society. Migration as a social phenomenon and issue of concern, receiving significant political and public attention, attracts a growing demand for frontier academic research and creates new opportunities for a new generation of migration researchers.
The PhD Summer School in Advanced Migration Studies aims to provide students and early career researchers a fruitful environment for intellectual exchange and mutual learning. Participants will gain from the opportunity to engage with leading international scholars in addressing the state of knowledge and major debates in this vividly evolving field of research. The PhD Summer School offers an intensive, multidisciplinary and participatory programme at an advanced academic level, in which participants will be provided research-focused lectures and interactive seminars on numerous subject areas:
- Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Migration Studies
- Drivers and Dynamics of International Migration
- Migration and Social Transformation
- Integration, Diversity, and Social Cohesion
- Forced Migration and Displacement
- Migration Politics and Policies
- European and Global Migration History
- Migration Law and Citizenship
- Diaspora, Transnationalism, and Identity
- Migration Scenarios
- Research Methodology and Project Management
Participants will also have the opportunity to present their own research at a daily colloquium and receive feedback from scholars and fellow students.