Maastricht, Working on Europe Online Event “Meet the Postdocs!”
What to expect on 1 September?
As a prospective postdoc applicant, you will get the opportunity to meet the first generation postdocs of Studio Europa (2019-2021). They will discuss the requirements of the position, how to strengthen your application and, more generally, talk about their experience at Studio Europa Maastricht. Ask them all your pressing questions!
- 12:30 – 12:40: Introduction and welcome by Prof. Dr. Mathieu Segers
- 12:40 – 12:50: Dr. Neculai-Cristian Surubaru (Postdoctoral Researcher Theme 1) – East-West relations in the European Union: contemporary challenges – insights from a postdoc’s experience
- 12:50 – 13:00: Dr. Miriam Urlings (Postdoctoral researcher Theme 4) – European Agencies, evidence and decision-making – insights from a postdoc’s experience
- 13:00 – 13:10: Dr. Giulia Piccillo (School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University) –The impact of uncertainty on misinformation and fake news in Europe – insights from an Assistant Professor cooperating with Studio Europa
- 13:10– 13:30: Break-out sessions – interaction with the participants on themes of interest
- Breakout room 1: Theme 1 and theme 2 moderated by Dr. Neculai-Cristian Surubaru
- Breakout room 2: Theme 3 and theme 4 moderated by Dr. Miriam Urlings and Dr. Giulia Piccillo
- 13:30 – 13:55: Questions & discussion
- 13:55 – 14:00: Closing remarks
Register before Friday 28 August
To register for this event please click this button and complete the brief registration form:
About the post-doctoral research positions
On 1 July 2020, we launched six research funding calls of which call 1 aims to attract five talented postdocs to push forward our strategic ‘Maastricht, Working on Europe’ research agenda. The four main themes of this research agenda are:
- Theme 1: Democracy, Politics, Security and Rule of Law (1 postdoc position available);
- Theme 2: Identity, Heritage and the Citizens’ Perspective (1 postdoc position available);
- Theme 3: Prosperity, Welfare and Inequality (2 postdoc positions available);
- Theme 4: Knowledge, Technology and Digitalisation (1 postdoc position available).
Who can apply for a postdoc position?
- Are you an early-career researcher who recently obtained a PhD degree or are close to acquiring one?
- Do you fit well within the interdisciplinary model of the Maastricht, Working on Europe research agenda?
- Do you have an academic background in areas ranging from European Studies/Political Science to Law, or Philosophy, Economics, Demography or Epidemiology, as well as other data-driven sciences?
- And are you a faculty member (e.g. Assistant Professor / Lecturer) wishing to concentrate more on your research and its societal impact and valorisation during your time at Studio Europa Maastricht?
Then we invite you to apply! We welcome both internal applicants from Maastricht University and external candidates.
Find more information here.