Junior Policy Advisor Diversity&Inclusivity Office at Maastricht University Office
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to shape diversity and inclusivity at Maastricht University. Do you want to be at the forefront of diversity management in higher education? Do you enjoy policy research? Are you an efficient organizer and critical thinker? Do you enjoy working and collaborating in a dynamic, international team? Then you might be exactly who we need to join the newly established D&I Office at Maastricht University. Come and work on a variety of interesting, challenging and necessary subjects to make UM a more inclusive place to work and study!
As Junior Policy Advisor Diversity Management, you are a core member of the newly established D&I Office. You are part of a small, international team that translates UM’s D&I strategy into practice. We develop and write policy on a variety of D&I related issues, organize various activities and monitor the impact of our efforts across faculties and time.
You will have the chance to delve into subjects ranging from disability, over gender equality, internationalization, religious diversity, First Generation Student support and sustainable employability (and many more).
Specifically you will:
- Research and prepare reports on D&I topics
- Write policy advice
- Help conceive and organize D&I events
- Maintain and support a network with internal and external partners
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of D&I policy and activities
We are looking for an individual who wants to build bridges, can work independently and has a hands-on mentality. You are not afraid to question the status-quo and at the same time can convincingly communicate your ideas to a variety of conversation partners at all levels and hierarchies of the organization. Furthermore, you:
- hold a relevant academic qualification (Master’s degree or equivalent, any field is welcome);
- have analytical skills and the ability to integrate/compile/collate information and communicate it clearly using a broad range of formats, tools, and platforms;
- have skills in data collection and analysis, and in elaborating evidenced based reports;
- speak and write English (C1) and Dutch (at least B1 or willingness to learn);
- enjoy working in an intercultural and interdisciplinary team;
- have an affinity with Higher Education in an international setting, preferably through work and/or internship experience;
- are able to work in a small team and equipped with the required flexibility to support a wide range of activities;
- know of current developments in diversity management in national and European Higher Education is a plus;
We know that we need diverse perspectives in our D&I Office in order to devise and implement relevant measures. We therefore encourage you to bring your background and experiences with you to UM.
Application deadline: 19 January 2020
For more information, see: https://www.academictransfer.com/en/288749/junior-policy-advisor-di-office-at-maastricht-university-office-080-fte/