Job vacancy: Postdoc in European Law, University of Luxembourg. Deadline: 30/04/2016
Postdoc in European Law (post-doctoral) (M/F)
University of Luxembourg – Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||3rd March 2016|
|Closes:||30th April 2016|
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for 1 Postdoc in European Law (post-doctoral) (M/F)
Ref: F2-070019 (to be mentioned in all correspondence) 2/3-year contract, 40h/week, renewable for a maximum of 60 months.
Under the direction of Professor Herwig Hofmann in cooperation with Professors Jörg Gerkrath and Eletheria Neframi
- Realize researches in the field of European Law;
- Publication of articles in scientific reviews and contributions to conferences;
- Assist and mentor PhD candidates;
- Assist with teaching activities, one to three hours a week and contribute to tutoring students including moot court teams.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in European, Public or Comparative Law, preferably with a specialization in EU law and/or ECHR law;
- Excellent knowledge of European Law and be able to autonomously conduct research at a post-doctoral level;
- Have the llinguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language (particularly German) will be considered an advantage;
- Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires to work on the University’s premises);
- Attractive remuneration.
Applications can be submitted in French, English or German and must include the following:
- An application letter;
- A copy of the PhD diploma including the defence report if available;
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a complete bibliography of the applicant’s published works;
- A description (+/- 6000 characters) of the scientific work the applicant is interested in pursuing (research project);
- The name, current position, and relation to the applicant of the two persons cited as reference;
- Copy of the publications that the applicant deems most relevant to his/her research work.
Please apply online (recruitment.uni.lu) before April 30th, 2016.