Job vacancy: Full-Time Postdoctoral Position in the EUTHORITY Project. Deadline 25/03/2016
The position relates to the EUTHORITY Project (www.euthority.eu). Supported by a large grant from the European Research Council, the EUTHORITY Project investigates patterns of conflict and cooperation between domestic and supranational courts in the European Union using empirical and data analytic methods. Appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the EUTHORITY Project’s core aim of collecting and analyzing data on courts and litigation in the European Union, to assist in the presentation and dissemination of research results and to help with various other tasks, including the organization of seminars and conferences.
Candidates must possess:
- A solid background in empirical research and statistical modelling(factor analysis, regression, panel data#) as well as familiarity with statistical software packages (preferably R). Candidates with a background intext-mining, big data or computer linguistics are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience with web scraping using Python or other programming language.
- An excellent command of English.
- The ability to work in an international and multidisciplinary research environment.
- Basic knowledge of European integration and EU institutions or experience with automated content analysis of either political or legal documents, while not required, is a plus.
- Excellent working conditions in an international, interdisciplinaryresearch team.
- Support for conference travel and publication in international journals.
- Competitive compensation package(grade 44 in the salaryscale, starting at #3.974.35 gross), including social benefits.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Arthur Dyevre, tel.: +32 16 32 53 87, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than March 25, 2016 via the