Job vacancy: 4Mi global manager, Mixed Migration Centre
The Mixed Migration Centre is hiring. Exciting job opportunity in Geneva as global manager of our data collection programme 4Mi, which is now collecting 10,000 interviews with refugees & migrants annually, in more than 20 countries along 7 major migration routes.
The Centre is looking for someone with consolidated mixed methods experiences, remote data collection management skills and enthusiastic towards interesting new challenges.
POSITION PROFILE Reporting to the Head of the MMC and in close collaboration with the MMC Programme Coordinator as well as the MMC regional managers, the MMC Global 4Mi manager will be responsible for the overall strategy and global coordination of the 4Mi programme. JOB SUMMARY & TASKS Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Overall coordination of 4Mi globally, in close cooperation with the regional MMC coordinators, 4Mi project managers and MMC Geneva.
- Lead on the development of a global 4Mi strategy.
- Leading on further development, refinement and streamlining of the 4Mi methodology and research instruments (survey, mixed (quantitative/qualitative) methodologies, etc.).
- Lead on and develop new ideas for global/cross-regional analysis of 4Mi data, in close cooperation with the global 4Mi data analyst and MMC teams.
- Review the 4Mi global staffing structure
- Provide ongoing technical support to regional 4Mi programmes and capacity building of regional 4Mi staff.
- Provide quality control on 4Mi operations and research output featuring 4Mi data.
- Lead on the development of 4Mi data visualisations on the MMC website.
- Identify the possibilities for geographical and thematic expansion of 4Mi, and support geographical expansion of 4Mi if and when decided by DRC regional and country operations.
- Internal representation of 4Mi in DRC. Contribute to strategic discussions around 4Mi within DRC.
- Lead on the implementation of the recommendations from an ongoing risk assessment into operation-wide standard operating procedures for 4Mi. Closely liaise, in cooperation with regional 4Mi teams with DRC regional and country operations.
- Lead on global external representation for 4Mi, external partnerships and fundraising for the global 4Mi network.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE To be successful in this role we expect you to have strong management and coordination skills, a strong background in survey methodologies and dedicated interest in mixed migration.
- Advanced university degree (or preferably PhD) in Research Methodologies, Social Sciences, or related fields;
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a relevant international position;
- Proven experience in leading and conducting research on migration related issues;
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills;
- Preferably a strong background in migration;
- Strong analytical and writing skills in English;
- Proven programme management and coordination skills; proven experience with risk assessment/management desirable.
- Ability to operate in a cross – cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Field protection experience is an added advantage;
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
REPORTING ARRANGEMENT The MMC 4Mi global manager will report to the Head of MMC in Geneva. Regional 4Mi project managers and the Global 4Mi data scientist will have a technical line to the 4Mi global manager in Geneva, but a management line to the regional MMC coordinators (in the case of regional 4Mi project managers). OFFER The position is placed in Geneva, with regular travel to the regions. The position will be placed at grade F, Manager/Expert level, of the DRC Geneva salary scale.
APPLICATION PROCESS Interested? Go to www.drc.ngo and find Current Vacancies. Find the job on the list and apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. If you have
Applications close date: 15.02.2019
More here: https://bit.ly/2T8gh6q