Introducing the Forced Migration Research Archive
Forced Migration Research Archive (FMRA)
What is FMRA?
- The Forced Migration Research Archive is a new subject-focused repository hosted by YorkSpace at Canada’s York University. It was established to provide authors a free and easy way to make their research openly accessible.
Who should deposit in FMRA?
- Any forced migration author who would like to make their research papers freely available to the global research community.
Why should I deposit in FMRA? Doing so…
- Gets your research out there!
- Increases your discoverability & research impact
- Demonstrates your support for open access
- Contributes to information equity
- Allows you to comply with your funder’s open access requirements
- Ensures your research is preserved over the long-term
What should I deposit in FMRA?
- During FMRA’s initial launch phase, you can upload an earlier version of your peer-reviewed journal article, published in English, French or Spanish. (View some of FMRA’s recent additions to YorkSpace here.)
How do I deposit my research in FMRA?
- Depositing your research in FMRA involves three simple steps: Fill out a short submission form, upload a PDF version of your document, and agree to the terms of YorkSpace’s Non-Exclusive Distribution License.
Who manages FMRA?
- FMRA is an initiative of the Refugee Research Network and supported by the Centre for Refugee Studies and York University Libraries.
Need more information?