Internship UN IOM: DTM REMAP Bangladesh
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Regional Evidence for Migration Analysis and Policy (REMAP) project was developed in response to the critical need to collect and analyze information on human mobility in, to and from Bangladesh and to contribute to evidence-based development programming and to enhance national and regional (migration) policy development. To achieve this, DTM REMAP project is establishing a comprehensive data collection and analysis infrastructure in Bangladesh, as well as work with government agencies/offices, research institutions/individuals, and local, national, and international actors implementing humanitarian and development programing to: (i) improve understanding of the (internal) human mobility and migration dynamics, drivers, modalities and vulnerabilities and (ii) increase national and regional interoperability and harmonization of data collection initiatives.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in producing REMAP reports and impact materials including mobility dynamic monitoring reports, donor reports, flash reports, presentations, and other materials describing and analyzing human mobility of Bangladeshi nationals inside the country and across international borders.
- Assist in compiling, analyzing, visualizing human mobility data within Bangladesh for DTM REMAP reporting purposes.
- Assist with the development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly DTM REMAP products including weekly newsletters, monthly and quarterly project update report compilations and any other reports or info sheets
- Assist in monitor day-to-day policy developments and debates within the partner institutions and organizations and provide information to the DTM REMAP Unit accordingly.
- Aid in the development of relevant information databases and tools including but not limited to the DTM REMAP project, sector related activities, mapping, and software tools.
- Assist with the management of social media and online web-outlets related to the DTM REMAP.
- Assist in organizing meetings, seminars and high-level missions as needed.
- Assist in researching and drafting dashboards, conceptualizing relevant infographics, graphs, maps, and tables to be included in DTM REMAP reports and updates
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Support day-to-day activities of the DTM REMAP project and IOM office, undertake any other activities and support any other project activities as requested by the supervisor.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Either students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated.
- This internship aims at attracting talented students and graduates who have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programmersand activities, especially migration/human mobility data analysis, migration theories and research, migration policy and planning. Interns must be between 19 and 36 years old and should have less than two years of relevant working experience. The Internship is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Able to adapt to an international, multicultural, multilingual environment.
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team.
- Familiarity with computer programs, including MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher);
- Advanced English writing and communication skills.•Knowledge regarding quantitative statistical (social science/human mobility/migration) data analysis
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization programs, (e.g. PowerBI, GIS ARC, Stata, SPSS, Knowledge of R, Tableau) will be considered an advantage.
- Webpage as well as database development and management skills an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge regarding econometrics will be considered as an advantage
Deadline for application: 16 September 2020.