Assistant Professor Migration Law UvA
Do you have a PhD in migration law and would you like to teach and conduct research at the renowned Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
You will have a prominent teaching position at the Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law. You will teach courses in the bachelor’s programs in Rechtsgeleerdheid, Law in Society, in the master’s program in International Migration and Refugee Law and/or in post academic programs for legal professionals. This includes coordinating courses, developing new courses and supervising theses. In addition, you will contribute to the lively and high-quality research community of the centre and conduct and develop independent research on migration law.
- teaching, coordinating and/or developing courses about European and international migration law, European human rights law and/or Dutch migration law
- supervising bachelor’s and master’s theses
- conducting high-quality research on migration law
- contributing to acquiring external funding for research and/or teaching
- performing administrative and organisational tasks for the centre and/or the faculty
- a PhD in migration law (candidates whose manuscript has been approved by the committee will also be considered)
- profound knowledge of European and international migration law
- the ability to conduct independent research, evidenced by publications in scientific journals
- teaching experience (having a Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO or UKO) or equivalent would be an advantage)
- ability to cooperate in a team environment
- fluency in English
- Dutch language skills and knowledge of Dutch migration law are an advantage
- experience with interdisciplinary research and/or empirical legal studies is an advantage
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
A challenging position in a stimulating research environment. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 and a maximum of €4,978 (scale 11), depending on your experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The employment contract will be for a period of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance
- such as a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- and contribution to commuting expenses.
About the Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law (ACMRL)
The ACMRL provides high-quality research and teaching programs in migration law. Research is conducted on diverse topics, including asylum and refugee law, family migration law and EU migration management. Methods are varied, focusing on legal doctrinal, sociological, philosophical questions as well as more practice oriented matters. The centre provides yearly bachelor courses on migration law and human rights. Since September 2015, the centre provides a master’s track (LLM) on International Migration and Refugee Law, that attracts students from all over the world. Part of that track is the Migration Law Clinic, that provides legal advice on complex issues in the field of European migration law to external clients such as lawyers and non-governmental organisations.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 24 October 2019. The job interviews are planned for 7 and 11 November 2019, when possible please take them into account when applying for the position.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Lieneke Slingenberg
Position: Head of Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law
For link to application see https://workingat.vu.nl/ad/assistant-professor-migration-law/ybb7r0