Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE) is the interdisciplinary research platform of Maastricht University that brings together scholars working in the fields of migration, mobility, citizenship, development and family life. MACIMIDE combines various research lines across different Faculties of Maastricht University in order to contribute to a better understanding of the dynamics and consequences of transnational migration and mobility in a European and global context. Read more about MACIMIDE.
- Katie Kuschminder & Talitha Dubow. (2022) Moral Exclusion, Dehumanisation, and Continued Resistance to Return: Experiences of Refused Afghan Asylum Seekers in the Netherlands. Geopolitics. DOI: 10.1080/14650045.2022.2055462
- Anschütz, S. (2022). Extraordinary everydayness: Young people’s affective engagements with the country of origin through digital media and transnational mobility. Global Networks. https://doi.org/10.1111/glob.12364
- Diker E., Röder S., Khalaf M., Merkle O., Andersson L., and Fransen S. (2022) Comparative Reintegration Outcomes Between Forced and Voluntary Returns and Through a Gender Perspective. International Organisation for Migration. Find here.
- Anschütz, S. & Mazzucato, V. (2022). Travel and personal growth: the value of visits to the country of origin for transnational migrant youth. Compare: A Journal of Comparative and International Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/03057925.2022.2036593
- Manby, B. (2022). Statelessness statistics and IROSS: The UN Statistical Commission grapples with definitions. Critical Statelessness Studies Blog Series. Access here
- Akom Ankobrey, G., Mazzucato, V., & Wagner, L. B. (2021). ‘Why Are You Not Crying?’, African Diaspora, 13(1-2), 93-118. doi: https://doi.org/10.1163/18725465-bja10015
- De Groot, G-R. (2021) Analysis of current practices and challenges regarding the avoidance and reduction of statelessness in Europe. Council of Europe CDCJ-GT-APA (2019)3, 18 p. / (update of 558a). (en/fr)
- Fransen, S. and de Haas, H. (2022) Trends and Patterns of Global Refugee Migration. Population and Development Review. https://doi.org/10.1111/padr.12456
- Russo, L. and Huddleston, T. (2021). ‘Fostering the Political Participation of EU Non-national Citizens: The Case of Brussels.’ Journal of Contemporary European Research. 17(4): 501-518. https://doi.org/10.30950/jcer.v17i4.1158
- Wagner, L. (2021). ‘Smelling’ diasporic: bargaining interactions and the problem of politeness. Applied Linguistics Review. https://doi.org/10.1515/applirev-2020-0070