4 Fully funded PhD candidates in Economics or Geography (f/m) – Ref: 20-09 | LISER
LISER, Uni.lu and STATEC invite highly qualified and motivated applicants for PhD positions within the framework of the new ACROSS doctoral training unit on ‘Analysis of Cross-Border Human Mobility’, funded by the PRIDE scheme of the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR). ACROSS gathers economists and geographers from LISER, from the Department of Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg and from the Research Division of STATEC. The project seeks to develop tools to monitor, analyze and improve the understanding of the causes and consequences of the flows of migrants and cross border workers.
We are particularly looking for candidates with:
- Master Degree in Economics or Geography with honours or more;
- Methodological skills and/or previous quantitative research experience;
- Strong interest in the analysis of human mobility issues;
- Excellent verbal communication and academic writing skills in English;
- Enthusiasm for research, critical thinking, possibly including some first experience in publishing.
We offer among other things:
- An exciting multi-disciplinary and international research environment with ample opportunities to exchange with scholars from related disciplines at LISER, the University of Luxembourg and STATEC;
- A work contract with full social security coverage, either at LISER or at the University of Luxembourg depending on the topic and the affiliation of the main supervisor;
- A highly competitive salary for the full-time PhD position for a period of maximum of 4 consecutive years (1+2+1 years);
More information about the composition of the consortium and research objectives as well as a list of indicative research topics can be found on the temporary ACROSS webpage available by clicking here:
Co-promotion will be systematically encouraged within the consortium to reinforce the links between institutions. Hence, the successful candidates will benefit from expertise and knowledge offered by different members of the consortium. ACROSS builds on the Doctoral Programs of LISER and of the Doctoral School of Economics and Finance (DSEF).
The present recruitment is the first cohort of a multiannual programmes that consists of 2 to 3 recruitment waves between 2020 and 2022 offering for each cohort an intake of PhD candidates in autumn and an excellent training and mobility programme over a period of 4 years.
For more information, see: https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs/detail/4-fully-funded-phd-candidates-in-economics-or-geography-f-m-ref-20-09-149
Deadline for application: 30 June 2020.