20/05/2022 – Online Workshop on ‘Challenges and Priorities of migration research in the Global North and South’
This workshop is a collaboration between Maastricht University (the Netherlands), Wolaita Sodo University (Ethiopia) and Dutch Association for Migration Research (DAMR).
The objective of this 1-day Online workshop is to create a learning and networking platform for early career researchers in the Global North and Global South to discuss how they approach migration research.
Part I: The morning session will include a panel discussion on this topic with migration experts from the global North and the global South. This will be followed by a rotating networking event using breakout rooms by three thematic areas around Migration data access, Research innovation/collaboration, and Societal impact.
- Dr Meron Zeleke, Associate Professor of Anthropology, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Dr Rachel Bennet, Senior Lecturer, Population Health and Wellbeing, University of Gloucestershire, UK
- Dr Alemayehu Debebe, Vice president, Research and Community Services, Ethiopia Civil Service University, Ethiopia
- Dr Karlijn Haagsman, Assistant Professor, Globalization and Development, Maastricht University, the Netherlands
Part II: The Afternoon session will be a workshop on ‘How to turn your research into policy recommendations?’ In this session, participants work with a policy expert and use the findings from their last paper/publications to tease out some key policy recommendations.
- Policy expert: Dr Linda Ouchu, Director of Research and Data Hub at the African Migration and Development Policy Centre (AMADPOC), Kenya.
Register for this event, here. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Niklas Mayer: email@example.com