11-12/10/2022 – Vienna Migration Conference at the ICMPD
On 11-12 October 2022, the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) will gather key figures in the migration arena for the 7th edition of their annual flagship event, the Vienna Migration Conference.
The VMC is Europe’s leading forum on migration, where decision makers and experts discuss and debate the most pressing policy issues for Europe and its partners. This year’s conference will explore the shifting regional and global, geopolitical and economic situation – including pre-existing challenges as well as those that were aggravated by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The conference will see sessions examining:
- Climate change and migration: Do we find ourselves at a crossroads?
- Managing migration in turbulent times: Key perspectives from Europe
- Migration and displacement dynamics: What is driving change in Africa?
- Same but different: Global perspectives on migration challenges
- Migration as a geopolitical weapon? How powerful a force in international relations?
- Ukraine, south-eastern Europe and the future of European integration
- Regional perspectives and priorities: Finding the right political and policy formula for successful partnerships
- European migration and asylum policy reform: Are we breaking gridlocks?