10th Mirekoc International Summer School in collaboration with IMISCOE: Research Methods and Ethics in Migration Studies
The 10th MiReKoc International Summer School will be held in collaboration with IMISCOE, between 6 and 17 July 2020 at Koç University Rumelifeneri Campus in Sarıyer, Istanbul on ‘Research Methods and Ethics in Migration Studies.’
In celebration of the milestone 10th MiReKoc International Summer School, MiReKoc is collaborating and co-branding with IMISCOE. It aims to affirm the importance ofmethodological debates.The program of this year’s Summer School includes two weeks of lectures, lab sessions and discussion sessions led by distinguished international faculty members and experts in the field, exploring different themes focusing on both qualitative and quantitative methods including ethnography, participatory methods, urban mapping, network analysis, big data, visual methods and social media methodologies as well as ethics in migration research to offer a space for scholars and participants to reflect on methodological challenges and opportunities.
MiReKoc International Summer School program is designed for graduate students and PhD candidates, early career researchers, policy analysts, NGO and international organization practitioners, as well as junior experts in the field. The language of the Summer School is English. MiReKoc International Summer School does not only offer expanding the knowledge of its participants, but also promises networking opportunities between them and distinguished faculty to enhance both parties’ research agendas.
The fee for the program is 1500 Euros, covering accommodation, all course materials, social activities, three meals a day and coffee breaks on lecture days. For the participants who wish to self-arrange their accommodation, the fee is 750 Euros.
Two full scholarships are available on a merit basis for outstanding candidates affiliated with institutions from low income and lower-middle income economies according to the World Bank list of economies. Some partial scholarships of up to 30% are available for other candidates based on merit and an explanation of their financial constraints. Tuition fee for the students affiliated with institutions from the IMISCOE network will be reduced by 40%.
Lecture Topics Include
- Methodologies on Migration Research: An Overview
- Epistemological and Philosophical Issues on Social Science Research
- Qualitative Methods in Migration Research
- Quantitative Methods in Migration Research
- Mixed Methods in Migration Research
- Experimental Methods in Migration Research
- Comparative Methods in Migration Research
- Ethnography and Participatory Methods in Migration Research
- Urban Mapping in Migration Research
- Network Analysis in Migration Research
- Big Data in Migration Research
- Visual Methods in Migration Research
- Social Media Methodologies in Migration Research
- Ethics of Migration Research on Vulnerable Groups and Sensitive Topics
- Writing and Publishing an Academic Article in Migration Studies
Lab Session Topics Include
- Quantitative Methods:
- Statistical Computing with R
- Qualitative Methods
- Focus Groups Discourse Analysis and Framework Methodology
Application deadline: 20 April 2020 (midnight GMT)
For more information, see: https://miss.ku.edu.tr/?utm_source=INTERNAL+DRAFTS&utm_campaign=9102d88b38-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_13_09_28&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3b540a06cf-9102d88b38-